The packaging selection was a major subject in the new La Place formula: due to Covid, uncovered food presentation was no longer an option. Other key notions for the selection were the creation of a distinctive look and feel, as well as sustainability. Now New Next was asked to join the team looking into and assisting with creating a cohesive packaging selection, as well as to come up with proposals for reusables for after Covid.
- Advice and inspiration with regard to sustainable packaging
- Translating the Jumbo packaging policy
- Sourcing packaging and disposables
- 3D packaging design
- 3D reusables design
- Testing the selection for its sustainability
- Detailing the packaging strategy
The end result is comprehensive advice, including inspiration sources and new 3D designs for the packaging selection of the new La Place formula. The advice was evaluated and assessed against Jumbo’s policy and translated into a packaging strategy that can be shared with the consumer.